A few more odds & Ends....
Random facts about me
- I believe that music is not just something enjoyable to listen to…I believe it has the power to heal us in many, amazing ways…
- I first became interested in using cleaner, more eco-conscious products through an esthetician I met who informed me that what I was using on my skin was causing & making my acne worse. After talking to her, I fell down the rabbit hole of educating myself on every single thing I was putting in and on my body. It was definitely enlightening!
- I grew up in and lived most of my life in the city, but recently my hubby and I moved out to the country and I can’t ever imagine living anywhere else!
- We have 3 cats, 4 parakeets and a whole lot of wild and woodland creatures living on our land. I feel like a literal Disney Princess!
- My husband is my best friend and forever “crush” – after 15 years of marriage, I still get butterflies when I look at him!
- I’ve dipped my toes in pretty much every art form (not always successfully) but have had one of my paintings in a local art gallery, sang on a few Christmas CD’s, and one of my poems has been published.
- In another life, I wanted to be a comic book artist/writer.
- I love pizza, fries and avocado and could eat them every day!
- My heritage is a mix of Hispanic, British, Irish, Scottish, French & German. I’m working on a project to honor all of those through music.
- My favorite movie genres are horror, sci-fi and action/superhero.
- I love both DC and Marvel!
- I had spinal fusion surgery in 2013 – the doctor told me they used cadaver bone to fuse to my spine – I don’t know if he was joking, but I tell everyone I am part zombie. 😛
- I’m addicted to both Food Network and HGTV – I’m obsessed with the holiday competition shows and the design styles of Joanna Gaines & Mina from Good Bones!
- I am a huge bookworm – my knickname in college was “Belle”
- I struggle with adrenal, thyroid and hormone issues. They’re getting better through naturopathy, diet & music therapy, but I still have a long way to go.
- I can be more indecisive than Kourtney Kardashian
- My relationship with God is one of the most important things in my life and I try and read scripture verses everyday.
- I’m the most socially awkward person I know..I’m definitely the most clumsy!